Mobile Software Engineer - iOS
Fiit is a technology start-up on a mission to revolutionise the fitness industry leveraging data science, smart technology and the explosion of fitness influencers.
We want to turn fitness from a chore, to a habit, to a healthy addiction for the vast majority of people uninspired by the fitness options in the market today.
Our founding team consists of proven entrepreneurs who have built successful global businesses in marketing technology, real estate and entertainment.
Our founding team consists of proven entrepreneurs who have built successful global businesses across ecommerce, marketing technology, real estate and entertainment. We are looking to apply what we’ve learnt over the last 15+ years to the fitness industry and become the leading digital disruptor in this space. Our ambitions are to become the Netflix for fitness.
What you’ll be doing
- Relish this unique opportunity to define and drive the future of our iOS Mobile,TV and Watch apps.
- Work closely with our design, product, and backend teams to deliver a unique mobile experience .
- Participate in the technical planning and implementation of new features and capabilities.
- Collaborate in our process of delivering rock-solid, high performance, reusable and reliable code.
- Participate in strong unit testing and continuous integration processes.
- Prioritise a wide variety of work tasks with your teammates.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technologies, understanding the benefits and limitations that each provides.
- You will never be comfortable, there is lots of room to grow. We aim to be a leader in digital fitness by 2020, join now you’ll be part of something big in the sector
- Everyday is different in a startup, so one day you’ll be coding a website, the next our tv app, you’ll also be prepared to get stuck into other startup related tasks, even entertaining the office dog.
- When we have succeeded in our mission you’ll be able to reflect on your work and say I encouraged millions of people to be fitter and healthier, I helped create the new fitness culture in UK, even world-wide
- You’ll need to adapt and always be learning first hand how a startup business works, watch it grow and evolve, adaptive to real problems
- Extensive experience with Swift and Apple platforms (Xcode, iOS, tvOS, watchOS, AppStore, TestFlight)
- Track record of entire app lifecycle (design, code, test, release)
- Aware of core iOS services (e.g. HealthKit, Core Data, Touch ID, Push Notifications, etc.) and patterns (MVC, MVVM, KVO, etc.).
- iOS expert but a keen appreciation for web technologies.
- Able to work an agile manner, utilising continuous delivery tools (e.g. buddybuild)
- Eager to work with UI / UX designers to craft great user experiences..
- Friendly and easy to work with - we work closely together as a team.
- At least one iOS app (or several!) available in the App Store - let us know what to download.
- Performance related bonuses & equity options
- Great office environment. Located on the Here East campus in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- Free tea’s and great coffee,
- Private health and dental insurance
- Unlimited holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Training and development opportunities