Studio Technical Manger / Lead Editor
Fiit is a technology start-up on a mission to make fitness addictive, revolutionising the fitness industry leveraging data science, smart wearable technology and the explosion of fitness influencers by creating motivating, convenient, interactive fitness classes.
Fiit has now secured a £2.4m / $3.2m seed investment round, led by London-based Connect Ventures and supported by former Innocent co-founders and current JamJar Investors, Rooks Nest Ventures and Westminster Capital.
Our founding team consists of proven entrepreneurs who have built successful global businesses in marketing technology, real estate and entertainment.
We are looking to appoint a Studio Technical Manager / Lead Editor with strong technical and creative skills to join our production crew.
The purpose built Fiit studio has a range of fixed and operated cameras. The set comprises of a large LED screen and Lights that deliver distinct looks for each of the Fiit studio looks. Visit the Fiit website to get a feel for the content.
We film a range of content, mainly classes that are 25 min and 40 mins long as well as additional workshop and ‘how to’ videos.
What you’ll be doing
- Working closely with the Head of Production and crew to develop the Fiit studio vision both technically and creatively
- Oversee and manage all technical aspects of production during filming and post production
- Lead and manage the post production pipeline, editing and continuously refining the videos with animations, music media management of all content following signoff and completion
- Work with the marketing and product team in development and delivery of the content
- Continuously improve workflows with the aim to create efficiencies during filming days as well as the post production pipeline
- Manage the maintenance of all the technical equipment and software, responding to technical failures and finding fixes
What you’ll need
- A degree in Film and Media or self taught skills that you can demonstrate
- An visual eye for detail and creativity
- A passion and drive to learn new skills
- Strong ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Strong organisational abilities regarding media management/archiving and file naming
- You need to be flexible with working hours as filming schedule can fluctuate
- A 'can do' attitude and someone who thrives on a challenge (no matter how big or small)
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of broadcast quality content, including field and studio camera, lighting, sound and editing
- Ability to adapt equipment setup and provide alternative setup or workarounds if necessary
- Demonstrated ability to perform repairs on a wide variety of audio, visual and computer equipment
- And last but not least, a passion for fitness and making the world a healthier place.
- Tricaster / live editing would be beneficial but not necessary
- Some experience of working in a TV studio or similar setting
- Experience with multi camera studios and the production process
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Adobe Premiere. A basic understanding of After Effects and animation skills would be a bonus.
- Great office environment in the 2012 Olympic village - The future of fitness in the home of UK sport
- Free Fiit membership
- Training and development opportunities working in an exciting production studio in constant development
- Send us your CV outlining your relevant skills and experience
- A cover letter that tells us a little about you and demonstrates why you are the best candidate for this role
- Examples of your work, showreel / portfolio
To be discussed depending on experience. Working on a contract basis starting with 4-6 days per month, with potential for a more permanent role.