UI/Product and Animation Designer
About the company
Fiit is a technology start-up on a mission to make fitness addictive, revolutionising the fitness industry leveraging data science, smart wearable technology and the explosion of fitness influencers by creating motivating, convenient, interactive fitness classes.
We’re a team of fitness enthusiasts with a passion for using disruptive technology to help break down the barriers that exist in making exercise part of your daily life.
We are looking to appoint a full-time UI/Product designer with strong creative skills to join our team to help deliver the world’s best interactive fitness experience.
Check out our website and the app on the Apple App Store for further details.
What you’ll be doing
- Working alongside our lead UI and UX Designers and the broader Product, Engineering, Marketing & Production teams, you will be in charge of owning the design requirements and help deliver the best possible user experience to our upcoming Android app
- Designing and developing distinct animations that enhance the product experience both on the Fiit Studio set (Large LED screen) and within the Fiit app
- Maintaining Fiit's high product and brand standards, you'll be tasked with continuing to push the boundaries of this young brand working alongside other creative resources within, and outside the business
- You will be working with the user experience designer to use insights from user research along with qualitative insights from both customers and trainers to ensure we continue to develop a product that enables us to live up to our mission of helping turn fitness into a healthy addiction and to create UI designs that solve user problems
- The work will take you across a multitude of digital platforms from mobile, to tablet, to SmartTV and may reach into the physical world with product design as we evolve our hardware and equipment strategy
- You’ll need to adapt and always be learning first hand how a startup business works, watch it grow and evolve, and be adaptive to real problems
- When we have succeeded in our mission, you’ll be able to reflect on your work and say that you encouraged millions of people to be fitter and healthier, and that you helped create the new fitness culture in UK, and world-wide
What you'll need
- Either a degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience
- A digital portfolio showing showing clean and functional UI designs of products across various platforms and services - some previous Android app experience is required
- Advanced skills in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and Illustrator)
- 2D and 3D graphic and animation skills using After Effects or similar software
- Knowledge of mobile best practices, responsive design, information architecture and/or interaction design
- Previous experience of working with an engineering team to integrate your designs
- An understanding and awareness of usability and user-centred design best practices
- Strong attention to detail
- An interest in behavioural science and how gamification and social features can help create habit forming routines
- A passion for fitness, healthy living and disruptive technology
What you'll ideally have
- Knowledge of agile processes and the role of a UI designer in this process
- Previous experience with relevant prototyping tools (e.g. Invision App, Marvel, Flinto etc)
- Previous experience of Zeplin, to produce final assets and handover specs for the development teams
- Experience of working with developers to deliver and refine your animations using detailed specifications and After Effects plugins like Lottie
And as an added bonus….
- If you are the type individual who is always getting your friends to join you on runs, cycles, tough mudders or trying the latest fitness experience, we want to hear from you!
Please provide links to your portfolio within your covering letter.