Fiit is a technology start-up on a mission to revolutionise the fitness industry leveraging data science, smart technology and the explosion of fitness influencers.
We want to turn fitness from a chore, to a habit, to a healthy addiction for the vast majority of people uninspired by the fitness options in the market today.
Our founding team consists of proven entrepreneurs who have built successful global businesses in marketing technology, real estate and entertainment.
What you’ll be doing
As the DevOps engineer/Lead, you are responsible for the infrastructure that keeps our platform moving. Relying heavily on cloud services, we don't want to re-invent the wheel but make sure it works as securely & quickly as it should. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides the backbone of our infrastructure and we're looking for people who can maintain and expand our use of it and other 3rd party services.
- Support & expand - Maintain our AWS-hosted infrastructure. You'll need to monitor and proactively plan and configure aspects of the infrastructure as well as liaising with other parties both internal and externally to improve our performance and improve reliability. As you would expect with a role such as this, when situations arise you may need to react to outages outside of the business day, to either deal with an issue or act as an escalation point
- Thinking out of the box and anticipate challenges - It is imperative we are not simply reactive, we must expect challenges and question technologies, procedures and thinking already in place, you will be expected to constantly review and challenge at all levels.
- Eager to learn - You have expertise with what you've worked on and an eagerness to learn where you haven't worked before. Today we rely heavily on AWS, Docker, CircleCI, Terraform, Postgres (with Node.js and React for development) as well as a great number of additional applications for functions such as monitoring and networking. We are however always open to new tools & techniques to get the job done more effectively.
- Versatile - We work with agile/lean methods. We'd much rather iterate and learn than assume we know all the answers.
- Engineering excellence - Constantly looking for new ways to improve our infrastructure and leverage the capabilities AWS (And others) provide us with.
- Team player - You don't (always) work in isolation and are excited by the thought of using your team whilst involving product, experience design, engineering and more in the process.
- Good commercial experience of AWS (including: VPC, terraform, Lambda, EC2, ECS, ElasticCache, Route53, SNS, DynamoDB, RDS), Redis, Docker, Cloudflare
- Good experience of continuous integration/delivery, code management, code workflow, security and performance scanning tools
- Advanced proficiency in shell scripting
- Highly creative, enthusiastic, conscientious, detail oriented self-starter
- You respond rather than react.
- Keep up to date on in the industry, continuously improve on and blog about areas of technology interest.
- Experience of a broad and diverse range of technologies such as NodeJS, ReactJS, Google Cloud Platform.
- Performance related bonuses & equity options
- Great office environment located on the Here East campus in the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- Private health and dental insurance
- Unlimited holiday
- Flexible working hours
- Training and development opportunities